at the intersection of Shevchenko Boulevard and Peremohy Street", Zaporizhzhia
About the place
Opened on the eve of the 60th anniversary of the Victory over Nazism in World War II
May 8, 2005.
During the global armed conflict, which lasted from September 1, 1939 to September 2, 1945. Military events took place on the Ukrainian ethnic territory from 1939 to 1944.
The total loss of Ukrainian civilians during the Nazism occupation is estimated at about seven million people, of which about a million were killed by the Nazis. Many civilians have been victims of abuse and forced labor. Among the eleven million Soviet military, about a quarter were ethnic Ukrainians.
The monument is an 11-meter-long granite obelisk in the form of a bayonet, topped with an angel figure with forged copper. At an altitude of 8.5 m, the forged copper order of Victory is attached to the obelisk.
The monument successfully fits into the architectural development of Peremohy Street and Shevchenko Boulevard. The sculptors of the monument are F. Zaitsev and B. Chuck