The mound is conical in shape, 4.5 m high, 50 m in diameter, the entire surface is covered with grass. Located on the right bank of the Dnipro, on the north-eastern outskirts of the city, in the back of the city courtyard - today is the territory of the Borodynskyi microdistrict.
Noble and wealthy people were usually buried under a burial mound. In one burial, from 1 to 10 people could be buried. The burial usually laid a whole arsenal of various kinds of objects used by man in life. It is these objects that give archaeologists and scientists information about a person: his type of activity and attitude to a particular culture or rank.
The mound was part of the burial mound destroyed during the development of the quarter. At 0.7-2.5 km from it were located the mounds № 1, 2, 3, 4 of the burial mound, which was investigated by the Dnipro expedition 1927 - 1929.
The late 1920s and early 1930s in the Ukrainian SSR were marked by the huge construction of the Dnipro Hydroelectric Power Station and several other enterprises located today in the city of Zaporizhzhia.
During this development, a significant part of archaeological sites fell into the flood zone. An archaeological expedition was formed to identify and research them. It was headed by academician Yavornytskyi.
During this expedition, the burial mounds of the burial mound were investigated, which included a monument of archeology - the so-called Borodynskyi mound.
It is known that the monument belongs to the era of copper and bronze during the settlement of the region by Scythians and Sarmatians.