Zaporizhzhia Regional Puppet Theater began its creative biography in 1939. And a year later the theater was a great success. During the war, the theater had to cease operations, and its work began in 1945, and the first performance of the post-war period was the Gusenyatko by Gernet in 1946.
After the war, the theater traveled to Zaporizhzhia and only in 1986 again received its own premises in the building of the former city Palace of Pioneers, where it successfully works today.
Now in the repertoire of the puppet theater, there are more than 50 performances for young spectators represented by the works of outstanding classics of fairy tale craftsmanship, they are primarily educational and teaching in nature.