The monument is dedicated to the feat of all border guards. It was established in 2012 on the anniversary of the end of World War II with honors and memories of the courage of border guards who were the first to meet the enemy during the Nazi Award attack on the USSR on June 22, 1941.
It took several years to create the monument, because for a long time a sketch of the monument was developed. Coordination was conducted with the border guards.
The monument is rather modest in the form of a stone 4.5 meters high with a coat of arms. It is installed on the Prykordonnykiv park.