Built during the years 1911-1913 by the architect Yestrovich. The building was designed in the Art Nouveau style. Which was quite popular at the indicated time and met fashion trends.
In the central part of the facade of the Lanshina House, one of the main principles of Art Nouveau is embodied. The basis of the architectural composition is horizontal surface division. Structural elements of windows with complex patterns of interweaving and small glazing of the upper parts characteristic of Art Nouveau, due to which the windows assumed a decorative and ornamental appearance, creating a rhythmic pattern.
An additional rhythm to the upper floors is betrayed by inter-window pylons with an unobtrusive decor of garlands in the upper part. The central attic played a peculiar role of a pedestal for the installation of a large-sized three-dimensional sculpture of one of the Olympic gods - Hermes - the god of commerce.
The integrity of the facades was emphasized by the continuous cladding of light finishing silicate brick. Solid and durable material set off the severity and gave a touch of elegance to the appearance of the house. At the same time, rough processing of granite blocks of the socle leaves an impression of its stability.
The internal layout of the building combines a corridor, the floors are connected by two-flight stairs with a different number of steps, depending on the height of the floor. The staircase fencing is forged, metal with a simple geometric pattern. The coverage of the stairwells was previously made of high-quality two-color ceramic tiles using decorative tiles. In style unity with the external design, interiors were made. Until the end of the 20th century, the original internal wooden doors, made according to the author’s sketch, were preserved.
In addition to Lanshin’s own notary’s office, the house also housed: the Union of Credit Cooperatives of Oleksandrivsk County, the ophthalmologist’s office - Dr. Walter Schmidt, and others.
During the war years, the house suffered significant damage. In the course of its restoration, the stucco decoration, whipped attic and dome tops were completely destroyed. The brick-built house was constantly plastered during the reconstruction.
From the facade were removed elements of sculptural and stucco decoration, fencing of loggias. The granite blocks of the base were replaced by lining polished with granite slabs. Stained-glass windows, window and door blocks were completely replaced.
The house housed the State Bank (now a branch of the national bank).