In 1895, the largest mill in Europe at that time in Germany, Herman Nibur, was built on the territory of the Mennonite colony of Shenvize.
Herman Nibur was a successful entrepreneur, inheriting a business from his father whose capital was combined with the capital of his wife's father Yacob Dick, after which the general flour-grinding business received a new round of development.
Since 1853, the company Nibur A. & Co engaged in large-scale export of flour to Turkey, Greece, Egypt.
The first Nibur mills in Shenvize began operating in 1882. In 1885, Nibur, along with Dick, built the third mill in Shenvize and modernized the previously built. The first engine for the mill Nibur brought from England, for the subsequent - made at the Shenvize factory Lepp & Valman.
Herman Nibur studied flour milling in different countries. After visiting America, Nibur began the construction of a new mill in 1893, and Dick took up the design and construction issues. This mill earned in 1895. It was the fifth mill in the account. The architectural solution of its facades is made in a Brick style with Art Nouveau elements.
The mill was built by Felyauer, was fully automated. The steam engine was supplied by Compound, a gas generator was purchased from Zaest, three steam boilers were manufactured at the Bellino-Federich plant, and machines were provided by the Wegman plant from Zurich and Daverno.
Processing machines were manufactured at the Kopp Shenvize Machinery Plant. An electric dynamo for lighting production was purchased at the Garbo, Lamayer & Co plant. The mill employed 25 workers. The average daily salting was 5,000 pounds of 4 grades of flour. This mill became the largest in Europe.
In the statistics department of the city of Oleksandrivsk 11 mills of Nibur were registered, which were located in the city of Oleksandrivsk and in the territories of 3 Mennonite colonies - Shenvize, Rosenthal (Verhnia Khortytsia) and Einlage (modern district of Kichkas).
In 1907, after the death of Herman Nibur, the mill became the property of his son Yacob, who owned 600 shares. By 1914, the annual turnover of products amounted to 3 million krb.
After the end of World War I, all the mills of Nibur and Dick were nationalized. Now here is located Zaporizhmlin OJSC.
The building of the Herman Nibur mill is a monument of industrial architecture of the late 19th century.