Address

64, Zhukovs'kogo Street, Zaporizhzhia

About the place

One of the largest structures of the old city, built in 1900 according to the project of the famous St. Petersburg architect Marfeld, a detailed drawing was developed by the engineer Ginze, construction supervision was carried out by the Zemstvo engineer - Buchinsky. The total cost of construction work and equipment amounted to 140 thousand.

On June 1, 1900, an educational institution was opened. The school hosted boys aged 10-14 years, who had knowledge of the course of 1-2 grades. Since 1901, graduates from Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kiev universities, the Kiev Theological Academy, and the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts worked as teachers at the school.

Since 1913, the school began to be called the "Alexandrovsky named after Emperor Nikolai Alexandrovich Mechanical and Technical School" with the junior craft school under him.

In 1920, the school was reorganized into a three-year industrial technical school, in 1930 the technical school was transformed into the Institute of Agricultural Engineering, and in 1944 - into the Zaporizhzhia Automotive Institute.

During 1947-1957, the educational institution was the Zaporizhzhia Institute of Agricultural Engineering, since 1957 - Zaporizhzhia Engineering Institute. In 1941, during the occupation, a three-year teacher's institute began to work in the building.

During the war years, the building suffered significant damage. During the restoration work of the 1950s, the style decision of the main and two side street buildings was radically changed. The nature of the initial stylistic decision was well preserved in the central recreations of the courtyard.

Among the completely lost primitive forms of the structure are two open stone courtyards, symmetrical to its longitudinal axis, clearly visible in the photographs of the beginning XX century. Also, the brick, with transparent metal bars, the initial external fence of the site has not been preserved.

Since 1994, the Zaporizhzhia State Technical University was created on the basis of the Zaporizhzhia Technical University, in 2000 the university was given the status of a national university, and in 2019 it became the Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic.

Alone
Сouple
Company
Historical

Review 0

No review

Next to House of Mechanical and Technical School

City cafe

Cactus.Bar

120 m. Zaporizhzhia, 38 Leppika st.

(098) 954-87-87

Sights

Monument to Yoseph Gladkyi

158 m. Dniprovska street, on the territory of Zaporizhzhia National University, Zaporizhzhia

Architecture

Oleksandrivsk Men’s High School building

163 m. 66, Zhukovsʹkoho Street, Zaporizhzhia

Sights

Zaporizhzhia Regional Puppet Theater

217 m. 60, Hoholia st., Zaporizhzhia

(061) 764-27-67

Architecture

Oleksandrivsk Girl’s High School building

239 m. 62, Hoholya Street, Zaporizhzhia

Sights

Tomb of Yoseph Gladkyi

276 m. On the territory of Zaporizhzhia National University, Zhukovs'koho Street, Zaporizhzhia

Architecture

Talmud-Torah

291 m. 65, Hoholya street, Zaporizhzhia

Conference halls

The HUB Joint Action Platform

338 m. 29 Turheneva st., Zaporizhzhia

(067) 367-88-97

Architecture

"Oleksandrivsk" Railway station of Katerynska railway

355 m. 5, Konstyantyna Velykoho Street, Zaporizhzhia

Confectionery

О'Cаcао!

399 m. Zaporizhzhia, 29 Dzerzhinsky / 27 Turgenev st.

(061) 224-04-93