The building of the former Oleksandrivsk Zemstvo Office
Category - Architecture
29 Troyitsʹka street, Zaporizhzhia
About the place
Built in 1913-1915, the engineer Delant led the construction. It is a complex structure that consists of a main house, an outbuilding and a fence with a gate.
The architecture of the main building is solved in modernized forms of the Neo-Renaissance. The facades are plastered in light gray, the basement and, in part, the upper floors are finished with torn blocks and pink granite architectural elements. Minor facades have ocher-colored open masonry. An important role in the architectural solution is assigned to window openings of various shapes and finishes. Asymmetric spatial structure reflects the internal structure of the building.
The outbuilding was significantly rebuilt, as a result of which the initial layout and architectural solution was almost not preserved. It consists of a one-story wing parallel to the street in the back of the yard, used as a garage, and a utility wing perpendicular to it. The outbuilding is brick, plastered with flat ceilings and an iron roof, in the plan of the L-shaped form.
The fence with a gate is located between the main building and the outbuilding is brick plastered on a low granite basement. Performed in uniform with the main house forms of neo-renaissance.
At the end of construction, the Zemstvo government worked here; in the oval meeting room, Zemstvo meetings were held. Part of the premises was reserved for museums: on the ground floor, the construction department, on the third floor, the agronomy department.
After the revolution of 1917, the building was occupied by the Oleksandrivsk district executive committee of public organizations, from March 1921 - the Oleksandrivsk provincial military revolutionary committee, and subsequently the Zaporizhzhia provincial executive committee.
During the occupation of the city by the Nazi invaders (1941-1943) was the Ukrainian city police. In 1945-1977, the Zaporizhzhia Regional Committee of the Communist Party of Ukraine was located. During this period, one-story brick rooms were attached from the side of the courtyard, with a dining room in the basement.
Since 1977, the main house was transferred to the Zaporizhzhia regional local history museum. In 1985-1990, it was overhauled with a partial replacement of beams of floors, flooring and lobby walls with natural stone, restoration of roofs and facades.
Next to The building of the former Oleksandrivsk Zemstvo Office